Club Rules, Policies and Documents
The following Policies, Procedures and documents of W&OBYC can be viewed by clicking on the appropriate links below:
Terms and Conditions and data policies:
House Rules: Updated by the General Committee in 2024. House Rules 2024.pdf
Background to the Club Articles and Bye-Laws.
1.1 The club is operated by Waveney & Oulton Broad Yacht Club Limited, a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales under number 01534009.
1.2 As a limited company, the clubs main constitutional document is its Articles of Association, which is filed at Companies House, and which can only be amended by a special resolution, passed in a properly convened general meeting of the members, and requiring a 75% majority.
1.3 The Articles of Association therefore contain the core provisions under which the club is operated, and most day to day matters are delegated to the clubs bye-laws, which can be amended from time to time by the general committee, so long as they dont clash with the Articles, subject to them being approved by a 50% majority of the members at the next annual general meeting.
1.4 The club also has house rules which are set by the general committee and can be amended by them at any time.
1.5 Copies of the Articles of Association and bye-laws are available on the clubs website. This document is intended as an overview of the Articles and bye-laws but reference should always be made to the original documents.
Articles of Association
2.1 The Articles of Association cover the following issues:
- The liability of club members in the event of the club being wound up
- The objects of the club
- Provisions regarding directors and company secretary
- Provisions regarding the officers and committee
- The powers of the directors
- Applications for membership and termination of membership
- Provisions regarding general meetings of members
- Prohibition on the distribution of club profits
- Provisions that apply in the event of the dissolution of the club
3.1 All other matters are dealt with within the bye-laws and these cover, in particular, the following matters:
- Classes of membership and voting rights
- Membership procedure
- Rights of differing classes of membership
- Membership subscriptions
- Conduct of members
- Provisions regarding guests
- Limitation of club liability
- Duties of officers and directors
- Provisions regarding committee membership and elections
- Provisions regarding the bar and licensing laws
- Abandoned boats policy
3.2 The bye-laws have been drafted so as not to conflict with the Articles but if there is a conflict the Articles will take priority.
3.3 Members are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the contents of both of the above documents in order to understand the club rules.
- WOBYC Articles with AGM amendments 20240104.pdf
- WOBYC ByeLaws 2023(final after AGM amendments) 20240104.pdf
Last updated 14:12 on 15 February 2024